Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crumble Topping
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pecan Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Sweet Potatoes: In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla extract until smooth. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Pecan Crumble Topping: In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at for 45 to 50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings