Anchor Bar Buffalo Wings (The Original!)
Enjoy the REAL Buffalo Wings recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.
- 6 tablespoons Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine-not butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Sauce: This makes enough for about 30 "wingettes." Mix all
the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until the margarine is completely
melted. Stir occasionally.
- Wings: Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375 degrees F using vegetable
or peanut oil. Fry 15 wings at a time for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain the wings for a few minutes then put them in a bowl. After all the
wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to
completely coat the wings.
- They can be eaten now, or you can put them on a baking sheet and bake them
for a few minutes to get an extra-crispy coating.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks and Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing,
and cold beer (Genee Cream Ale is traditional).
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.