Anchor Bar Buffalo Wings (The Original!)
Enjoy the REAL Buffalo Wings recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.
- 6 tablespoons Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine-not butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Sauce: This makes enough for about 30 "wingettes." Mix all
the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until the margarine is completely melted. Stir occasionally.
- Wings: Fry the wings in a deep fryer set at 375 degrees F using vegetable
or peanut oil. Fry 15 wings at a time for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain the wings for a few minutes then put them in a bowl. After all the wings have been fried, pour the sauce over them, cover the bowl, and shake to completely coat the wings.
- They can be eaten now, or you can put them on a baking sheet and bake them for a few minutes to get an extra-crispy coating.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks and Marie's Bleu Cheese Dressing, and cold beer (Genee Cream Ale is traditional).