Cafe Terra Cotta Potato and Poblano Soup
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 Anaheim chiles
- 4 Poblano chiles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs
- 1/2 large carrot
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- Roast, peel, seed and dice Anaheim and Poblano peppers and the red
bell peppers; set aside.
- In a medium stockpot, heat the corn oil and sweat the onions, celery
and carrots for three minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and the remaining
ingredients, except cream. Simmer over medium heat until the potatoes
- Add cream and blend.
Source: Cafe Terra Cotta, Tucson, Arizona