Cafe Terra Cotta Prawns Stuffed
with Herbed Goat Cheese
- 16 to 20 large shrimp, butterflied
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bake shrimp approximately 2 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove; cool slightly.
- Mix cheese, garlic, cream, salt, pepper and half of the cilantro. Pipe mixture
into butterflied part of each shrimp.
- Bake for 3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- To make the coulis, cook tomatoes in a covered skillet for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro, jalapeno, salt, pepper and lime. Cook uncovered until moisture is
- Serve shrimp atop tomato coulis.
Source: Cafe Terra Cotta - Scottsdale, Arizona