Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken
- 1 pound chicken leg or thigh meat, cut into bite-size chunks
- 4 ounces soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken pieces in
a bowl. Cover and refrigerate, stirring often, for several hours
or overnight (it is best if marinated overnight).
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees F for one hour in a single layer, basting
every 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits
into a frying pan. Heat, and add 2 tablespoons white wine. Stir
and add chicken.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: jecstrike