Cajun's Patio Grill Maxey's Dirty Rice
- 1 pound chicken gizzards
- 1/4 pound chicken livers
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, both white and green parts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red chile flakes
- Put gizzards and livers in separate saucepan. Cover with water and simmer until
tender. Chop fine and set aside.
- Sauté ground meats in oil until well done. Add gizzards and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, and green onions. Cook until tender.
- Add livers, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook about 15 minutes.
- Add rice then season with salt, pepper, and red chile flakes.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 6/6/01 10:56:47 pm
Source: Foodtv.com - Recipe courtesy Cajun's Patio Grill, Houston, TX