California Fresh Phone Book Sandwich
- 1 loaf Italian sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup red and green peppers
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil and cilantro (optional)
- Remove inside of bread, sprinkle Balsamic vinegar on bread.
- Layer with roasted peppers, artichoke hearts and cheese. Sprinkle with vinegar
and layer with vegetables, seasoning and the remainder of vinegar.
- Wrap in wax paper, tie with yarn or twine to cutting board. Place brick or large
phonebook on top for 1 hour.
- Slice into appetizer size sandwiches.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source: Beth Decaprio, California Fresh, Rancho Cordova, California
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes