California Pizza Kitchen Garlic Herb Croutons
- 2 2/3 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf country-style white bread, cut into 3/4- to 1-inch cubes
- Heat the oven to 225 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Remove from the heat ad
stir in the garlic granules, basil, salt and cayenne.
- Put the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Add the seasoned butter and quickly
toss to coat the cubes evenly. Spread the buttered cubes on a baking sheet and bake
until they are golden brown on the outside and crisp throughout, about 1 hour. (To
test for doneness, cut or carefully bite into one of the larger croutons; its center
should be completely dry and crisp.)
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Yield: 1 quart
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine - May 19, 2001
Source: California Pizza Kitchen-Pasta, Salads, Soups and Sides