California Pizza Kitchen Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 16 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 14 cup Chianti or other dry red wine
- 2/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano (or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- Combine the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a nonstick saucepan and cook over
medium heat until the onion begins to turn translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, wine, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer,
then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thick but still
fairly fluid, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about
10 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
Yield: 3 cups
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine - May 19, 2001
Source: California Pizza Kitchen-Pasta, Salads, Soups and Sides