California Pizza Kitchen Roasted Garlic Paste
Yield: 1/2 cup
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the garlic pieces with the olive oil to coat evenly. Spread the garlic pieces evenly on the bottom of a small baking pan and roast until their edges begin to brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan and with a spoon or spatula, scrape up and turn the garlic; then return the pan to the oven and roast until the garlic is uniformly golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Set aside to cool completely.
- Put the roasted garlic pieces and 2 tablespoons of the water in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process, scraping the bowl down occasionally, until the garlic is pureed to a paste with the consistency of smooth peanut butter. If necessary, add the remaining water. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine - May 19, 2001
Source: California Pizza Kitchen-Pasta, Salads, Soups and Sides