Campanile Restaurant Chewy
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Campanile restaurant is famous for these cookies.
- 8 ounces chocolate, coarsely chopped (Valrhona is best)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks)
plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped
- Chill chocolate in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Using paddle attachment of an electric mixer, beat unsalted butter in a mixing
bowl at medium speed 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add granulated and
brown sugar. Beat until blended.
- Whisk egg and vanilla in a bowl until blended. Add egg mixture to creamed mixture
and beat until blended, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Add 1/2 of flour mixture
and beat until blended.
- Add remaining flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Beat in walnuts and chocolate.
- Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, 2 hours or
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and
arrange balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Press each ball lightly with
palm of your hand.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies have risen
and cracked; do not over-bake.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack
to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen cookies.
Source: u.dailynews.com - Recipe by Nancy Silverton and Mark Peel