Candlelight Pavillion Smoked Salmon Cheesecake
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 of a 1 1/2 pound loaf French bread, chopped fine
- 3 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream, melted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces smoked salmon lox, sliced thin
- 1 pound cream cheese, melted
- 1 cup sour cream, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and the breadcrumbs. Do not add too
much of the butter. It should be just enough to hold the crumbs together.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 10-inch cheesecake pan with Pam.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with the breadcrumbs and firmly press together until
entire bottom is covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumbs turn golden brown. Approximately 5-6
- Let cool and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Using a mixer on medium speed combine the cream cheese, sour cream, whipping
cream, egg yolks, dill, lemon juice and salt. Mix until no lumps appear.
- Ladle into cheesecake pan one layer, then place sliced smoked salmon on top of
cheesecake mixture. Repeat until all of the salmon and cheesecake mixtures are gone.
Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F.
- Let cool overnight in refrigerator. Combine cream cheese and sour cream and mix
until no lumps appear. Place on top of cheesecake and bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Yield: one 10-inch cake
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 11/15/2001 10:03 am
Source: highdesert.com - Executive Chef Kerry McCain, Candlelight Pavilion Dinner
Theater in Claremont