Canyon Cafe Grilled Prime Rib
- 1 (6 pound) rib eye roll, bone in
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1/2 cup new Mexican red chile
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
Chile Rub Spice Mix
- 1 cup New Mexican red chile
- 2 to 3 tablespoon Cajun blackening Spice
- Mix spice mixes separately and reserve. If using bone-in, cut from rib bones.
Place bones in roasting pan, they will act as a rack. Or if using boneless, you
will need to use a roasting rack.
- Rub meat with the soy sauce. Rub the roasting spice mixture into the meat to
coat well. Place the rib eye on "rib rack" or roasting rack and let marinate
at least 1 hour. Meat can chill overnight if desired, wrap in plastic.
- Place in a preheated 500 degrees F oven and cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Pour the water in the bottom of the pan to produce moist heat. Turn oven down
to 300 degrees and roast for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 30 minutes, then wrap in plastic and chill overnight
or up to 3 days. Prime rib will be rare at this point.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/12/2002 11:25 am.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta - 11/30/99 - from Canyon Cafe.