Canyon Cafe Kahlua Chocolate Mousse
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Kahlua liqueur
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Melt chocolate with butter in a double boiler.
- Whisk 1/2 cup of sugar with egg yolks until light and lemon in color (2-4 minutes),
then whisk in Kahlua.
- Temper some of the warm, chocolate into the egg yolks then whisk the yolks into
the chocolate. Hold on the side at room temperature.
- In a separate container, whisk heavy cream with 1/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl
until fairly stiff and hold cold.
- Whisk egg whites with 1/4 of sugar until soft peaks.
- Carefully mix Kahlua base into whipped cream until smooth and one in color.
- Whip some of the egg whites into the Kahlua base then fold into the rest so it
- Place in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/8/2002 9:51 am.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta, Airsdate: 2/10/99 11alive.com - From: Canyon Cafe