Canyon Cafe Raspberry Chiffon Cheesecake
- 1 3/4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 20 frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
- 1 cup melba sauce or raspberry jam
- Chocolate Sauce
- Crust: Set oven at 350 degrees F. Have a 10-inch springform pan ready by spraying
with nonstick spray. (If you have cardboard rounds, place this in the springform
before forming the crust.)
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl, and press a thin crust (1/4 inch)
into the bottom and sides of pan. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove
and cool completely at room temperature.
- Filling: Puree thawed raspberries in food processor and strain out seeds. Set
- In small bowl, combine gelatine with cold water and let stand until gelatine
is softened. Add boiling water and stir until gelatine is completely dissolved and
liquid is clear. Beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur until
well blended. Add the raspberry puree and gelatine mixture, and blend thoroughly.
Pour into crust and refrigerate for several hours – until cake is completely
- Remove the springform ring (keep it on the cardboard round). Mark top for 12
- Combine melba sauce with the remaining 2 tablespoons of raspberry liqueur and
- Serving: Place portion onto dessert plate. Drizzle the top with raspberry sauce
and garnish with zigzag lines of chocolate sauce across cake and plate. Place a
large rosette of whipped cream on plate against side of cake. Place a mint leaf
in the whipped cream. Sprinkle the plate with fresh raspberries.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 4/19/02 12:06:49 pm.
Source: Canyon Cafe Alamo Quarry - San Antonio Living KMOL 4 02/12/02 - kmol.com