Caputo's Jumpin' Jambalaya
- 1/4 cup oil, lard or bacon drippings
- 1 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 fryer chicken, cooked, cut up and boned
- 1 1/2 pounds sausage
- Trinity: (next three items)
- 4 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 5 cups stock or flavored water
- 2 heaping teaspoons Joe's Stuff or other Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups chopped green onions or tomatoes (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot, add brown sugar to oil and caramelize. Season and brown
chicken in oil lard, bacon drippings, or vegetable) over medium-high heat. Add sausage
to pot and saute with chicken. Remove both from pot.
- Sauté onions, celery, green pepper and garlic to the tenderness that you desire.
Return chicken and sausage to pot. Add liquid and Joe's Stuff and bring to boil.
- Add rice and return to boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for a total
of 25 minutes. After 10 minutes of cooking, remove cover and quickly turn rice from
top to bottom completely. Add green onions and chopped tomatoes if desired.
If using an electric stove, reduce cooking time by 3 to 4 minutes. For seafood
Jambalaya, add cooked seafood when rice is turned.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 6:52:27 am.
Source: Tony Caputo's
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes