Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 onion rings, frozen
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 sesame seed hamburger bun
- 2 slices bacon
- Salt to taste
- 1 slice American cheese
- 2 tablespoons Bull's Eye Hickory Smoke barbecue sauce*
- Heat a clean barbecue to medium grilling heat.
- Bake the onion rings in the oven according to the directions on the package.
- Form the ground beef into a flat burger the same diameter as the bun. It's best to premake your burger and store it in the freezer, then cook it frozen.
- Grill the faces of the top and bottom bun in a frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Keep the pan hot.
- Cook the bacon slices in the pan.
- Grill the burger for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until done. Salt each side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the barbecue sauce on the faces of each bun, top and bottom.
- Place both onion rings on the sauce on the bottom bun. Next stack the burger, then the cheese and the 2 bacon slices, crossed over each other.
- Top off the sandwich with the top bun.
* You must use this brand and variety to make it taste just like Carl's. Other brands will produce different, but still tasty results.