Carlsbad Tavern and Restaurant Apricot
and Habanero Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 habanero pepper, diced and seeded
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 pork tenderloins (2 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until lightly colored. Add apricot preserves, habanero,
orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and water. Cook approximately 20 minutes, until
mixture thickens. Blend with hand mixer. Stir in lime zest and orange zest.
- Remove silver skin from pork tenderloins. Season with salt and pepper. Brush
with some of the apricot glaze.
- Light grill and position rack approximately 6 inches above heat. Grill pork,
brushing with more glaze often and turning frequently so the glaze does not burn.
Cook 10 to 12 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 130 to 140 degrees F.
- Cut into medallions before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Approximate values per serving: 318 calories, 6g fat, 111mg chol, 37g protein,
30g carbo, 1g fiber, 596mg sodium, 17 percent calories from fat
Source: Arizona Republic - April 10, 2002
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes