Carrabba's Italian Grill Meatballs
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped and sautéed
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, except olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and fry until golden brown, but not cooked through completely.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.
In general, most people use just ground beef in their spaghetti sauce. Instead Bobby suggests the combination of three meats: ground pork, ground veal, ground beef - the same meat combination used for meat loaf. Veal and pork can make this dish a little more expensive, but whether it is a meat sauce or a sauce with meatballs, the added depth of flavor truly surpasses that of a singular ground beef sauce.
Posted at recipegoldmine.com by Chef Chad in Houston, Texas.