Carrabba's Italian Grill Sogno di Cioccolata
- 2 (1 pound 5.2-ounce) boxes Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie
Mix (each using 2 eggs and milk instead of water)
- 1/2 cup Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 4 cups chocolate mousse (use your own, or mix up two (4.2-ounce package Chocolate Mousse Mix)
- 4 cups whipped cream (from 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, whipped)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate shavings
- Mix brownies according to instructions on box, using the two-egg recipe and substituting
milk for the water. Line two 13 x 9 x 2 1/2-inch glass or metal pans with either
parchment paper or wax paper (the paper lining makes it much easier to remove the
brownies from the pan.) Grease bottoms with oil or spray with Pam. Pour batter into
pans, and bake - either in a convection oven at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes, or
in a standard oven for about 24-26 minutes. (The convection oven is preferred -
it makes a chewier brownie). Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the middle of
the brownie comes out clean.
- IMPORTANT - DO NOT OVERCOOK. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Loosen the sides with a knife, then remove the brownies in one piece from one
of the pans. Turn the brownies upside down and return to the pan. Peel off paper,
then brush the brownie with half of the Kahlua, starting from the outer edges and
working toward the center. Spread 2 cups of the chocolate mousse evenly over the
brownie, then spread 2 cups whipped cream over the mousse.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave chocolate, then sprinkle top evenly with chocolate
shavings. Remove second brownie from the other pan, brush with remaining Kahlua,
and place on top. Repeat layers, first spreading the remaining chocolate mousse,
then the remaining whipped cream. (There are no chocolate shavings on top). Refrigerate
Posted by Chef Chad in Houston TX at recipegoldmine.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes