Carrabba's Italian Grill Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiana
- 12 to 15 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 ounces diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely crushed Ritz crackers, about 12 crackers
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Finely chop stems and reserve.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and cook onion, pepperoni, green pepper, garlic
and chopped mushroom stems until tender but not brown.
- Add crackers, parmesan, parsley,
salt, oregano and a dash of pepper, and mix well. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps,
- In a shallow baking pan with 1/4-inch water covering bottom of pan,
place stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered about 25 minutes until heated thoroughly.
Posted by Chef Chad in Houston, TX at recipegoldmine.com.