Carrabba's Italian Grill Veal Marsala
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 ounce clarified butter
- 3 (2 ounce) pieces veal scaloppini, pounded thin
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Flour, to dust
- 1 ounce chicken stock
- 3 ounces Spoodle Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- Heat clarified butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper on both sides and lightly dust with flour.
- When butter is hot, add the veal slices and brown on both sides approximately 45 seconds. Pour off the fat from the pan and add the chicken stock, scraping up any residue from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the pan to the stove and lower the heat. Add the mushroom marsala sauce and parsley. Cook just long enough to make a nice creamy sauce, turning and coating the veal slices.
- Shingle slices of veal on the hot 10 inch round and spoon sauce over veal.
- Serve with choice of side.
Points to remember:
- Light dust of flour.
- Clarified butter must be hot in order for veal to brown properly.
- Veal must be floured just before going into the pan. If it is floured too soon, the moisture in the veal will be drawn out by the flour.
- The veal must be started and finished in the same pan. If you put the browned veal in a clean pan, you've lost all the flavor. The de-glazing process
is very important.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 8/19/02 12:36:54 am.
Source: used with permission from Carrabba's Restaurant, Mobile, Alabama and Pensacola, Florida - WKAG-5