Carriage House Kitchen Cheesy Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced fresh broccoli
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Sauté the onions until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Combine the chicken broth, heavy cream, half-and-half, cheese, carrots, celery,
tomatoes, broccoli, mixed vegetables, parsley, basil, lemon pepper, garlic powder
and white pepper in the same pot. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are
tender, about 20 to 25 minutes, adding the sauteed onions for the last 10 minutes
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve piping hot.
Yield: 20 cups, or about 12 servings
Recipe can be halved.
Source: Carriage House Kitchen - at the entrance to the San Antonio Botanical
Garden, San Antonio, Texas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes