Carver Brewing Company Raspberry Bran Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter and flour muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wheat bran, pastry flour, whole-wheat flour,
brown sugar and baking soda, tossing with a fork to incorporate air. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, canola oil, molasses, honey
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until barely blended.
- Fold in frozen raspberries.
- Fill tins about two-thirds full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until muffins spring
back when touched.
- Cool in tins.
Makes about 2 dozen muffins.
Source: Carver Brewing Company, Durango, Colorado - San Diego Union Tribune