Cha Cha Cha Black Beans Torres
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups black beans (3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream or Mexican crema, optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Fill stock pot with water. Add beans, green pepper and 6 tablespoons chopped
onion. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic, tomatoes, remaining onion,
cumin, black pepper, cilantro and salt to taste. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
Add to black beans and stir until well mixed.
- Simmer 45 to 60 minutes until juices thicken and beans are tender. Serve with
dollop sour cream, if desired.
Source: Executive chef Martin Torres, Cha Cha Cha, Encino, California
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes