Chalkboard Chocolate-Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped peanuts (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and corn syrup in a heavy gauge pot and cook over
medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and stir until melted.
Cover and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove and continue to cook until mixture reaches
235 degrees F (soft ball stage), brushing sides of pot to make sure no crystals
- Remove from heat and add remaining butter, nuts, peanut butter, and vanilla
extract, but do not stir.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat until well mixed and pour into buttered 9-inch square pan. Chill thoroughly
and cut into 1/2-inch squares.
Source: James Ellison, The Chalkboard, Tulsa, Oklahoma