Charlie Vergos Rendezvous Restaurant
World Famous Rendezvous Dry BBQ Ribs
- 4 cups white distilled vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Rendezvous Famous Seasoning Rub
- 2 slabs pork loin back ribs (approximately 2 pounds each)
Rendezvous Seasoning Rub
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- Mix vinegar, water and seasoning together to make your basting sauce.
- Cook meat over direct heat on the grill, approximately 18-inches above fire.
Coals should be at 325 to 350 degrees F.
- Start ribs bone side down, until bone side is golden brown. Baste 2 times with
basting sauce then flip slab and cook meat side down until this side reaches a nice
- The meat is ready when it is so hot that you cannot touch it with your fingers.
That is approximately 30 minutes per side.
- Baste again and sprinkle with Rendezvous world famous seasoning and you are ready
- Rendezvous Seasoning Rub: Combine ingredients and set aside.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Nick Vergos of Charlie Vergos Rendezvous Restaurant, Memphis, Tennessee