Chart House Mud Pie
Recipe cards were given to customers and this is how it reads.
- 1/2 package Nabisco chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cube butter, melted
- 1 gallon coffee ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup fudge sauce
- Crush wafers and add butter, mix well. Press into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with
soft coffee ice cream. Put into freezer until ice cream is firm.
- Top with cold fudge
sauce (it helps to place in freezer for a time to make spreading easier).
- Store in freezer for approximately 10 hours.
- Presentation: Slice mud pie into eight portions and serve on a chilled dessert
plate with a chilled fork. Top with whipped cream and slivered almonds.
Source: Chart House - Charleston, South Carolina