Cheeca Lodge Chocolate Creme Brulee
- 15 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Raw or granulated sugar
- Beat egg yolks with the 3/4 cup sugar. Bring half-and-half and vanilla bean to
boil. Stir small amount of half-and-half mixture into egg yolk mixture, then return
to remaining half-and-half mixture, stirring well to blend.
- Stir in whipping cream. Strain.
- Shave chocolate (or use chocolate chips) and place in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Fill with cream mixture. Place dish in large pan filled half full of hot water.
- Bake in water bath at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- Coat surface evenly with sugar and broil until sugar caramelizes.
Yield: 12 generous servings
Source: Cheeca Lodge - Islamorada, Florida