Cheesecake Factory Banana Cream Cheesecake
- 20 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cookies in a blender; process with on/off pulse until finely crushed. Add
margarine; process with pulses until blended. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of
10-inch springform pan; refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
Add sugar and cornstarch; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour cream cheese
mixture into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F (DO NOT forget to reduce temperature
- very important) and continue baking 75 minutes or until center is almost set.
Loosen edge of cheesecake; cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan.
Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.
- Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/25/2002 3:19 pm.
Source: Posted by Meo - 06-15-2001 02:33 pm