Cheesecake Factory Bruschetta
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 loaf French baguette or crusty Italian bread
- 3 sprigs cilantro
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic and basil in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 tablespoon
of oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for
- When ready to serve, preheat broiler and slice the baguette in 1-inch slices
on a 45 degree angle to make 5 to 7 slices of bread.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil with the garlic salt. Brush entire surface
of both sides of each slice with olive oil mixture.
- Broil slices for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side, until surface starts to brown.
- Arrange bread like wheel spokes on serving plate. Spoon the chilled tomato in
neatly onto bread slices where they meet at the center of the plate.
- Garnish with cilantro.