Chi Chi's Old West Oven-Fried Chicken
You can make it as hot or as mild as you like it. Heat Scale = Mild
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce (your favorite)
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Dash ground cloves
- Crushed red pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together taco sauce, egg and garlic.
- In a plastic or paper bag, combine cornflakes, chili powder, cumin, oregano,
ground cloves and crushed red pepper if using.
- Dip chicken pieces in sauce; toss in cornflakes mixture; place on a greased shallow
- Drizzle with butter; bake 45 minutes or until golden and tender, and
juices run clear.
Yield: 4 servings