Chili's Black Bean Soup
Here is a recipe that I got from Chili's. I had e-mailed the company on their
website and this is the recipe that they sent to me.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1 1/2 quarts (3 pounds) canned black beans, not drained
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, granulated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, small dice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium stock pot, place the olive oil, onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Sauté
the vegetables until they are tender. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, add the bouillon
cubes, and allow to dissolve.
- Add the bouillon, cooked beans, and the remaining ingredients (except cornstarch
and 2 tablespoons water) to sauteed vegetables. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook
approximately 15 minutes.
- In a blender, puree 1 quart of the soup, and put back into the pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoon water. Add the cornstarch
mix to the soup and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Serve with cornbread, white rice, or your favorite side dish.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
Source: Posted by Lori 4 February 2000 7:40 am