Chili's Grill & Bar Boneless Buffalo Wings
Yield: 2 to 4 appetizer servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 4-6 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Frank's Louisiana hot sauce or Crystal
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Combine flour, salt, peppers and paprika in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Slice each chicken breast into 6 pieces.
- Heat 4-6 cups of vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- One or two at a time, dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend; then repeat the process so that each piece of chicken is double-coated. When all chicken pieces have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is done resting, drop each piece into the hot oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until each piece is browned.
- As chicken fries, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl. Microwave sauce for 20-30 seconds or just until the butter is melted, then stir to combine. You can also use a small saucepan for this step. Just combine the hot sauce and butter in the saucepan over low heat and stir until butter is melted and ingredients are blended.
- When chicken pieces are done frying, remove them to a plate lined with a couple paper towels. Place the chicken pieces into a covered container such as a large jar with a lid. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the container, cover, and then shake gently until each piece of chicken is coated with sauce.
- Pour the chicken onto a plate and serve the dish with blue cheese dressing and sliced celery on the side.