Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chicken base
- 3 cups diced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Masa Harina
- 4 quarts water (divided)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound process American cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 pounds cooked, cubed chicken
- In large pot, place oil, chicken base, onion and spices. Sauté until onions are
soft and clear, about 5 minutes.
- In another container, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water. Stir until all
lumps dissolve. Add to saute ed onions; bring to boil.
- Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
This will eliminate any raw taste from Masa Harina.
- Add remaining 3 quarts water to pot. Add tomatoes; let mixture return to boil,
stirring occasionally. Add cheese to soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese
melts. Add chicken; heat through.
Makes 1 1/2 gallons or 16 to 20 main-dish servings.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 11/18/2001 9:22 pm.
Source: highdesert.com - from Brian Kolodziej, vice president of culinary operations
at Chili's Grill & Bar's main office in Dallas