Chili's Grill and Bar Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch
- 1/4 cup diced carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup diced celery,
cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (about one
8 ounce package), cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2
cups chicken broth
- Pinch of dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon
- 3/4 pound diced cooked chicken
- Melt margarine in large heavy pot. Add vegetables and sauté until tender over
- Slowly sift flour over vegetables and let cook briefly, stirring regularly. Do
not let flour brown.
- Slowly add chicken broth to vegetable-flour mixture, stirring constantly.
herbs, pepper sauce and parsley and stir well. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half, lemon juice and chicken. Bring to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 3 quarts.
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, January 9, 1999