Chili's Grill & Bar Nacho Burger
Nacho Ordinary Burger! Shredded lettuce, tortilla strips, chili queso and green
- 1 (1/4-pound) ground beef patty
- Pico de Gallo
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup diced Spanish onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and de-ribbed
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- 2 small or 1 large Haas avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Cheez Whiz
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- First make the pico de gallo. This is easy. Just combine all of the ingredients
for the pico in a small bowl and mix well. Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- Now we'll make the guacamole. In a small bowl, smash up most of the avocado,
but be sure to leave several unsmashed chunks. Add the remaining ingredients for
the guacamole to the avocado and mix well. Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator,
next to the pico.
- Next we'll make the chili queso. In yet another small bowl, mix together ground
beef, flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and a pinch of chili powder.
Use your hands to work the dry ingredients into the ground beef. Brown the beef
in a small skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Use a spoon or spatula
to crumble the beef as it cooks. Cook until it's brown, then set aside.
- Melt the Cheez Whiz with 2 tablespoons of milk over low heat. When milk and cheese
has been combined, add the remaining queso ingredients. Heat while stirring often
until cheese is smooth and creamy, then cover saucepan and remove it from the heat.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly butter the face
of each bun and brown the buns face-down on the heat.
- Separate the ground beef into four 1/2-pound portions. Roll each portion of meat
into a ball and then pat the meat down into a circular patty slightly larger in
diameter than the hamburger buns. Cook the hamburger patties for 5-10 minutes per
side, until done. Lightly salt and pepper each burger patty.
- Build the burger open-faced in the following order starting with the bottom bun:
On Bottom Bun
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
2 tablespoons chili queso
4 or 5 crumbled tortilla chips
2 teaspoons green
On Top Bun
1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons pico
2 tablespoons guacamole
4 jalapeno slices
- Serve burger with extra queso and guacamole. May also serve French fries on the
side and use the chili queso for dipping.
- Serve with ice cold Corona and lime.