Chinese Cultural Center Eight-Flavor Hot Pot
- 6 ounces pork loin, boneless
- 6 ounces chicken
- 6 ounces sirloin roast
- 6 ounces fish fillet, boneless
- 6 ounces shrimp
- 6 ounces spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 2/3 pound Chinese cabbage, cut
- 1 package tofu
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 packages bean threads
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs (optional)
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Seafood sauce (optional)
- Partially freeze the pork loin, chicken and sirloin for 30 minutes; slice into
paper-thin slices. Slice the fish into paper-thin slices. Peel, de-vein and butterfly
the shrimp. Arrange meat, shrimp and fish in a decorative pattern on a plate. Soften
the bean threads in a bowl of hot water. Cut tofu into squares and neatly place
the bean threads and tofu on the serving platter.
- Place the chicken stock and salt into hot pot; bring mixture to a boil. Add cabbage;
cook until tender. Add tofu, bean threads, meat, shrimp and fish; cook through.
Add spinach; cook until tender. Add raw eggs, if desired.
- Serve with soy sauce, hot sauce and seafood sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Chinese Cultural Center, Phoenix, Arizona