Chino Latino Coconut Curry Mussels
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels, debearded
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely sliced
- Combine coconut milk, pineapple, curry paste, fish sauce, and sugar in a large
saucepan and bring to a boil. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mussels, cover, and allow to simmer until all mussels are completely open (about 5 minutes).
- Place in serving dish and garnish with chopped green onion.
Serves 2 as an entree, 3 to 4 as an appetizer.
Source: Chef Todd Bolton - Chino Latino, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota