Chipotle Mexican Grill Tortilla Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 dried chipotle chile (optional)
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound fried tortilla strips
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or saucepan over medium heat.
- Add corn and onion; cook until lightly caramelized.
- Add chicken broth and chipotle chile; let simmer 20 minute over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes, avocado, lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove and discard the chipotle chile.
- Place one-sixth of the tortilla strips in the center of six soup bowls; ladle
soup around the crisps.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and sour cream.
- Serve with a wedge of lime.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Chef Staci Raymond, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com