Christiana Campbell's Tavern Raspberry Syllabub
Syllabub—a thick, frothy dessert made of wine, sugar and cream —
originated in old England. This raspberry-topped version is served at Christiana
Campbell's Tavern. Begin preparing it a day before serving.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry Sherry
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 2 (1/2 pint) baskets raspberries
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Beat cream in large bowl to stiff peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into wine mixture.
- Divide mixture among 8 wineglasses.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (syllabub mixture will separate).
- Sprinkle with berries and serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 10/4/2001 8:43 pm.
Source: Bon Appetit - November 2000 - Christiana Campbell's Tavern, Williamsburg,