Christini Ristorante Melanzana a la Christini
- 2 medium-size eggplants
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pierce eggplants with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until
- When cool enough to handle, cut the eggplant in half and scoop the tender flesh
into a bowl.
- Add the eggplant to the work bowl of a food processor or blender along with the
mayonnaise, salt, dill, garlic, olive oil and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve as a dip for fresh vegetables or as a spread
for toasted bread.
Yield: 8 cups
Nutrition information per 1/4 cup: Calories109; Fat 11 g; Carbohydrate2 g;
Cholesterol 8 mg; Sodium 170 mg; Fiber1 g
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/2/01 9:20:53 pm.
Source: orlandosentinel - Thought You'd Never Ask - Published March 22, 2001
- Christini Ristorante, Orlando, Florida