Christophe's Restaurant Challah Bread
- 8 ounces water
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 pound plus 6 ounces bread flour
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 1/2 ounce salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces canola oil
- Put ingredients in exact order above into a kitchen mixer or bread machine, then
mix on the lowest setting for seven minutes.
- Allow dough to rise in a warm, draft
free area for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into four ounce pieces, then roll into logs and braid as desired.
- Let braided loaves sit for another 40 minutes, then bake in a 375 degree F oven
for 22 to 25 minutes.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 12/22/2001 12:03 pm.
Source: Recipe used with permission from
Chef Ken Llewllyn, Christophe's Restaurant - News
10 Midday Sacramento April 10, 2001 kxtv.com