Church's Fried Chicken
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup biscuit mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 eggs mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup corn oil
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-cup container. Mix to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
Store tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- Dip the chicken pieces in egg mixture, then into dry coating mix. Repeat one
- Have oil piping hot in heavy skillet. Brown pieces skin-side down for 4 to 6
minutes over medium-high heat. Turn and brown underside of pieces for a few minutes.
- Transfer to an oiled 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking pan. Cover pan with aluminum foil,
sealing it on only 3 sides of pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake another 5 minutes to crisp the coating.
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Helen B.