Chuy's Restaurant Hatch Green Chili Salsa
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 pound fresh tomatillos (see cook's note)
- 1/2 pound fresh serrano chile peppers (see cook's note)
- 1 pound roasted Sandia green chile peppers
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place water in large pot and add tomatillos, serrano chiles, Sandia chiles, cilantro,
garlic and onion. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a container and place solid ingredients in blender. (You may
have to work in batches.)
- Add 1/2 of the strained liquid to blender and blend until smooth.
- Add lime juice and salt and blend 30 seconds.
- Chill before serving.
- Presentation: Serve with chips, tortillas or in recipes calling for salsa. Can
be stored in a sealed container for 4 days in the refrigerator.
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
Cook's note: Tomatillos look like small green tomatoes with a papery, round
husk. To adjust the heat of the salsa, use more or fewer serrano chiles, as desired.
Nutritional information (per 1/2 cup): 16 calories, 0.18 grams fat, no saturated
fat, no cholesterol, 535 milligrams sodium, 10 percent calories from fat
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by GrannyB.
Source: Steve Stanley, Chuy's Restaurant