Cities by the Ocean Andalusian Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 gram saffron threads, diluted in 16 ounces chicken broth overnight
- 4 ounces white wine
- Herbs de Provence (may substitute Italian herb mix)
- Cracked black pepper
- Sauté all solid ingredients except the shrimp until onions are translucent.
- Add saffron broth and white wine.
- Add shrimp. Cook for approximately 90 seconds or until shrimp is done.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprig and large lemon wedge.
Source: Chef Jorg Peter, Cities by the Ocean, Virginia Beach, Virginia