Citrus Cafe Steamed Prince Edward Isle Mussels
- 15 to 20 medium mussels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 12 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons heavy
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and
pepper, to taste
- Soak mussels in cold water for half an hour.
- Heat oil in small pan. Add shallots and cook until translucent.
- Deglaze pan with
- Add clam juice, water, cream, curry, salt and pepper.
- Add mussels; stir together.
Cover and steam for 3 to 5 minutes (until mussels open).
- Sprinkle parsley over top.
Source: Citrus Cafe - Chandler, Arizona