Citrus Club Crab Cakes
- 9 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 9 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 ounce freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 ounce fresh chopped chives
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces panko bread crumbs
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- In a mixing bowl combine egg whites, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise. Mix well until
smooth. Add in salt, pepper, parsley, bread crumbs and chives. Let mixture rest
for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator and fold in the jumbo lump crab meat. Form the crab
cakes and sauté in a pan with a touch of butter. Brown both sides and finish in
the oven for about 5 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Yield: 6 to 8 cakes
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 242; Fat 15.3 g; Carbohydrate
13.9 g; Cholesterol 35.8 g; Sodium 400 mg; Protein 12.4 g
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/2/01 9:21:28 pm.
Source: orlandosentinel.com - Thought You'd Never Ask - Published December