City Cafe Spaghetti Sauce
Most small Louisiana towns have their "City Cafe." This is the recipe
from the "City Cafe" in Plaquemine, Louisiana.
- 1 pound white onions, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cluster garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans tomato paste
- 3 cans tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 heaping tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In hot olive oil in a cast iron pot, sauté onions, celery and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for at least one hour.