Claim Jumper Banana Custard Shortcake
- 8 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 2 pieces shortbread
- 5 ounces amaretto cream
- 1 banana
- 4 ounces whipped cream
- 2 ounces caramel sauce
- 1 mint
- Cinnamon as needed
- Powdered sugar as needed
- Dust the dessert plate with cinnamon on half of the plate and powdered sugar
on the other half. Wipe the edges with your finger to create a clean rim.
the ice cream in the center of the plate and top with one of the pieces of shortbread.
- Top the shortbread with the amaretto cream sauce and add the banana over the top
of the cream sauce.
- Place the other piece of shortbread against the side of the
shortcake and add the whipped cream next to it.
- Drizzle the caramel over the entire
banana shortcake and place a mint sprig on the whipped cream.
Source: Chef Brian Okada, Claim Jumper, Phoenix, Arizona